This is a work in progress so please check back regularly for more updates…
The goal of this project will be to:
(1) Organize what we know already about ant distributions across Oklahoma from literature sources, museum collections, and online digital repositories.
(2) Create a database of distributional information that will be available to the public directly from the Ants of Oklahoma tab on this webpage.
(3) Encourage citizen scientists to partake by sending specimens for identification (more on this later as it will also require some additional locality information).
(4) Create a map that will be updated with each new submission to identify key areas for targeted biodiversity surveys that have low or no previous ant records such as Cimmaron, Marshall, and Stephens County.
(5) Publish a comprehensive list of the ants of Oklahoma for all to view.